Saturday, February 7, 2015

What I'm Thankful for This Week

This week I've become keenly aware of the amazing people in my life, and I wanted to publicly say how awesome they are.


My Hubby.  Seriously, this month we'll have been in each other's lives for 10 years.  He grounds me.  He is one of my biggest cheerleaders.  He's also one of my toughest critics (in a really good way).  He is one of the most inspiring people I've ever met.  I mean, he moved all the way to CA with me so that I could pursue this Ph.D.  He's supported me in every imaginable way during this process.  I am so lucky, blessed, fortunate to have him as my partner in life.


 My Dog.  The Barley Dog is probably the saving grace of the past 7 years of my life.  He helped pull Hubby through major mental health issues early in our marriage.  He cuddled me through all the ups and downs.  He knows when I'm stressed, angry, sad, tired, and somehow he knows how to remind me to take care of myself.  He nurses us when we're sick.  He keeps track of all our friends and family - his "fan club," and he loves them all.


          

My crazy friends.  These are my gaming buddies.  Two of them are family (one of the two the passionate lip syncer on the right).We knew them in Chicago, and they have basically adopted Barley-Dog as their nephew.  One of them, the flailing magnificat there on the left, is my sanity-PhD buddy.  We came into the same program, just the two of us, and we've managed to survive this long.  Then there's the other two wonderful guys who keep us all on our toes with their personalities and stories.

    

This week we invited significant others to join us for food and gaming.  I was thrilled that Hubby came, enjoyed himself, and was wonderfully social!  I was totally blown away by our host's willingness to do an onion-free menu in celebration of his presence.  (Hubby has such an aversion to them, they might as well be an allergy.)  I had a blast spending time with the S.O. of one my gaming friends, too.  All in all, it was the perfect night of friends, food, and fun!

So, this week, I'm thankful for these people in my life, particularly these crazy people hanging out with me in the East Bay of CA!

Who are you thankful for this week?  Why?


No comments:

Post a Comment