Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Beauty Box 5 August Unboxing and Review


So, recently I had someone ask me about my Beauty Box 5 (BB5) experience, and I realized that a post might be helpful.

Here's the low down on BB5 from their website:
We understand your beauty needs and your busy lifestyle. And we're here to help. Beauty Box 5 is a subscription-based, beauty sampling service that delivers 5 deluxe samples and full-sized products right to your door every month. It's a cosmetic jungle out there and we want to lend a helping hand by introducing you to new brands and great products, while sharing tips on the best ways to use them.  
So, here we go!

This is the BB5 I ordered in August as part of their half-price on a single box deal. I decided it wasn't really my thing for $12, so I cancelled after this reduced cost trial.  But, for half the cost, I was pretty happy with it.  Here's what I got:


Nanacoco Lip Gloss in Carmel Latte
I love the look of the product!  The packaging is nice, and it has a pleasant smell. Carmel Latte is a lovely nude gloss, which on trend right now.  The applicator sponge feels great on my lips.  But that's where my love for this item ends.  The gloss itself comes out way too thick.  I know, blend it right?  But its so sticky, that blending it is just unpleasant.

La Fresh travel-lite Facial Cleansing Wipes
Its a lovely travel size of facial cleansing wipes.  Perfect for throwing in a bag and heading to the gym or the airport.  Also great for those nights when you know you need to take off your make-up but you're just. so. tired.  They smell clean, like soap.  They work really well.  But, they're also nothing really special to me.

Pur~lisse Pur-Moist Moisturizer
I'll be honest, I'm a sucker for travel size face care items.  I blame my mother.  Definitely, all. her. fault that I love these little bottles.  But that obvious bias aside, this moisturizer is actually pretty nice!  Definitely won't be buying the full size bottle for $50.  But this is a little star.  Smell great, feels silky and light, and a little bit goes a very long way!

Nail Polish
Meh, this item is a nice light teal glitter that is perfect to layer over other nail colors.  I just won't be writing home to my mommy talking about how marvelous it is.  If you really want awesome nail colors, I personally recommend Julep.  There's also Square Hue or Cult Nails that seem solid.

Roux Anti-Aging Hair Serum Leave-in Treatment
Now, for me, this is the star of the show.  I don't usually use a lot of hair products, so I was really surprised by how much I like this item once I sampled it.  This is a full size bottle that normally retails for about $12 (which is the normal cost of BB5).  It really does deliver!  It gives me more volume near my roots, which is great for me.  It smells great, and I've noticed that my previously darkened natural highlights are peaking out again!

So, all-in-all, I have nothing bad to say about BB5.  I just didn't feel like it was really for me.  If you're interested, you can visit their website: http://www.beautybox5.com/  They're constantly running deals, so hit up google for the latest code!



No comments:

Post a Comment