Sunday, January 4, 2015

December Birchbox #1 Unboxing & Review



My initial thoughts on December's Birchbox:




All of the goodies that came in one of my Birchboxes for December:

Davines Replumping Set:
I really enjoyed the shampoo and conditioner packs.  They were perfect for traveling over the holidays.  I definitely noticed that my hair had more volume without feeling sticky or frizzy, which some volumizing products do to my hair.  I think that the Superactive Leave-In Treatment was more effective and useful for me though.
Verdict: Meh.

Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30:
This tinted moisturizer has a great smooth texture and definitely leaves skin feeling quite silky.  You know I love some SPF, but I really wish that it had more coverage.  I used this while traveling, and it was nice, but I won't be buying the full-size.
Verdict: Meh.

Essentiel Elements Wake Up Rosemary Body Gel:
This body gel has me wishing that I needed to restock my soap now.  The mix of rosemary, mint oils, and honey made my skin feel silky, totally woke me up in the mornings, and made me pumped for the day.  This definitely made jet lag a little easier to deal with while traveling coast-to-coast for Christmas.
Verdict: Yay!

Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner:
I was really hoping for wonderful things from this beautiful dark gold hue eyeliner.  I was underwhelmed.  Maybe its just my skin tone?  Maybe it was the eye shadow I paired it with?  I don't know, but I couldn't see it very well.
Verdict: Meh.

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream:
So apparently this tiny tube contains gold since Birchbox considers something this small to be a regular sample size.  I'm really not impressed that they didn't consider the shampoo & conditioner as my samples even though they're like 4x the size of this tiny tube.  (See that white & orange speck the in the box above?  Yeah.)  
Verdict: Meh.

Interested in a subscription to Birchbox?
I'd love it if you used my referral link








No comments:

Post a Comment