Sunday, January 18, 2015

My Thoughts on January's Birchboxes!



I definitely scored with each of my Birchboxes this month!  I'm so happy about my little novice accident that happened last fall since it is why I now have two accounts, and two boxes/ month!  (I love this so much I can't imagine getting only one box anymore!)







The Neil George Shampoo & Conditioner have a wonderful minty scent.  The shampoo must be sulfate-free because it really doesn't lather up, at all!  But my hair felt noticeably cleaner, which is great.  The conditioner performs very well, too!  For $9 for the full-size products, these items fit my budget much better than the Davines shampoo & conditioner samples I've gotten before.

I was sadly disappointed with Harvey Prince's Hello Liquid Loofah.  Apparently it's supposed to lather, but I just couldn't get it to lather very well.  I don't have hard water, so I don't know what happened.  I hate the feeling that I did something wrong to make a product perform poorly!  I did get clean though. :-)


Perlier's Intensive Nurturing Body Balm smells so good!  The Lavender is perfect.  It also feels amazing!  This is a great sized sample so I put it on my legs and feet after my shower; ooo!  hours later they still feel great!

The Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner continues to make me a happy camper!  I forgot how much I love this Jauper Gold color.  Its so easy to apply, which is also great!

I put on Christian Siriano's Fragrance Silhouette.  It has a lovely light, feminine scent that perfect for an adult woman; great balance!

Finally, I think I've found my new BB cream!  Dr. Jart+ BB Cream rocked my world this morning when I applied it with my Beauty Blender.  I'm a convert, and I can't wait to use my Birchbox points for this little delight!


Manna Kadar's Lip Locked in All of Me is AMAZING!  Okay, if this is what lip stains are supposed to be, sign me up!  This is the perfect shade of mauve-y pink that compliments my skin tone, goes perfectly with Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette, and lasts all day!


Finally, I used my Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper Gel today.  I'm really happy with how it performed; I know my hair looks a little flat here, but that's mostly because I tried a different hair thickening treatment on my roots than I usually use (apparently Roux beats Clarol's Hair Food).  Anyway, the curl has held all day.  I haven't been the victim of frizz or crunchy hair, so this is going on the TO-BUY list ASAP!

*     *     *     *

 With Birchbox you get five fabulous samples each month ($10).  Plus, you have the opportunity to earn points to buy goodies for yourself (100 pts = $10 & you can earn 60 pts/month for free!).  Why not pamper yourself and subscribe to Birchbox?  You can check them out here (referral link)!

*     *     *     *

I tried a different review format for this post than I usually do.  I included Instagram photos and pictures of me wearing the products.  What did you think of this review?  Is it more interesting than usual or not?  Better or worse than other Birchbox review posts?  I'd love feedback from you, my readers, so that I can continue to improve!  Thanks in advance!


No comments:

Post a Comment