Monday, October 13, 2014

October Birchbox Unboxing and Review


I finally received my Birchbox this morning! YAY!  Since I live on the West Coast, it takes forever to arrive, and then it takes longer when I don't know its waiting at my leasing office . . . and then the office is closed Sundays.  ANYWHO.  ITS HERE!!

First thing I noticed was the addressee - The Dazzling Suzanne Miller!  This was such a pick-me-up after waiting so long for this box.  It totally made me feel special this morning!

After all the online drama about who did and who didn't receive a beauty blender, I wasn't holding my breath.  I didn't get one.  Oh well.  (I have something similar I got for $.45 off an Amazon special that works perfectly well for me.)

I am THRILLED with my box of goodies this month!

(A note on my pricing, I feel a little annoyed with the full price value, since these are smaller items.  However, I don't also don't find it helpful to simply do a breakdown of the value using the MRSP of the full size version  So, what I've done is try to find prices for these items as though you wanted to re-create this box through various online sources. When I can't, then I estimate, and I'll state that the price is estimated.  I hope that knowing these tiny sizes are available elsewhere is helpful for those of you who just want to try something you didn't get, or need something for your travel kit!)

This month's loot:

Beauty Protector, Protect & Detangle (1.5 oz $4.11 estimated)
I can't wait to try this since I blow dry my hair at least 3x a week!  Apparently Birchbox Dazzlers love it and rave about it all the time.  It smells soooo good, too!!

dr. brandt, pores no more vacuum cleaner ($6.95 .25oz +beautychoice )
Apparently this is an amazing blackheads extractor mask.  I have never had problems with blackheads, so I might gift this to a friend.

CoastalScents, Revealed 2 Sampler in Ballerina ( $7-8 +eBay )
I would have never guessed that people would try to sell this on ebay!  But I guess anything goes these days.  I'm SUPER excited about this item, because I've been wanting to play with some new purple and pink eye shadow combos.  This will satisfy that desire in a cost-effective way (which means hubby will be happy!)

Balance Me, extra care Wonder Eye Cream ($17.95 .2 fl oz +Balance Me )
WOW! I love eyecreams!  My mother always told me to moisturize and care for my skin, and it will take care of me!  (She's 62 now and doesn't look a day over 50, y'all, for reals.)  I am stoked about this lovely little travel size.  I just got some eyecream from YesTo Blueberries, which is great, and will last forever, but this will be perfect for traveling!  When I googled this little gem, I found that the manufacturer offers it for 11, which is about $18 dollars, talk about good value here!

ModelCo, Party Proof Lipstick in Kitty ($16.95 .13oz +MODEL&CO )
I think this is a great shade for me, especially since I live for a bold eye!  I'm always tired these days, so a bold eye promises that I look awake and competent, even when I just want to crawl back under the covers.  This formula is super soft and highly moisturizing.  This is sure to be one of my new favorites!

Concluding Thoughts
For $10, I received approximately ... wait for it! (I have to pull out my calculator) just over $50 worth of beauty products, all but one of which I will TOTALLY be using in my everyday life!


Did you get a Birchbox or a different subscription box this month?  What were your favorite goodies?  What splurge are you saving your BB points (or other company points) to get for yourself?

If you haven't tried Birchbox yet, and are interested, you can follow this link (yes, its my referral link).  If you have ibotta, go through their site for $3 off of one month or $5 off of a subscription!  Remember the great thing about BB is that they reward you for your product reviews on your monthly box items (10 pts/ review, and 100 pts = $10!)

+Birchbox +Balance Me +MODEL&CO

No comments:

Post a Comment