Friday, February 20, 2015

#DIY Friday: Aromatherapy for This Beginner!


Okay, so I've been having a difficult time staying focused and awake while working on my comprehensive exams (as I'm sure we're all aware by now).

So, as part of my latest reviews, I've been becoming increasingly interested in essential oils and their benefits!

My first serious project was to create a home fragrance that I could put on my desk to help me focus, concentrate, and feel a little bit more upbeat than I have lately.

*      *      *      *      *

I gathered all my materials:

- Small Jar: I found this diffuser set on clearance at Marshall's for $2.99!  It came with an oil in a separate container so I'm using this set for my own!

- Reeds: Mine came in the set I found on clearance, but you can find them either on Amazon, Pier 1 Imports, or likely any boutique that specializes in essential oils. ( I struck out at my local Target, as a side note).

- Lemon Essential Oil: this is supposed to relieve depression and anxiety, which is great for me!  I struggle with anxiety based depression, which tends to disrupt my ability to concentrate, stay on task, and be productive.  Since I received some for review, I figured, this would be the perfect place to start!

- Mineral Oil: simple baby oil helps to carry the solution up the reeds

- Alcohol: Either vodka or rubbing alcohol.

*      *      *      *      *

Then I Put Them Together:

- Mix 1/4 cup of Mineral Oil and 2 Tbsp. of Alcohol

- Add 1 1/2 Tbsp of Essential Oil

- Pour mixture into small jar and add reeds


Final Product:

Perfect for my desk! 

*      *      *      *     *

Care & Maintenance:

- Flip the Reeds every few days

- Refresh with more essential oils as needed

- Replace reeds when they become completely saturated with oil

I hope that you've enjoyed this little DIY post!  What other DIY projects would you like to read about here?







No comments:

Post a Comment