Saturday, February 21, 2015

Beauty Tag!




This is a beauty tag where I answer 20 beauty questions relating to my makeup/skincare routine. I love reading these types of posts because it’s a great way to get to know person behind the blog. These questions are from Carol of Intrice Blog.  I love her style, writing, and eye for beauty!


I think women should wear whatever makeup they want for themselves. Makeup should be fun. 
- Emma Stone

Do you remember your first makeup item?
I think the first makeup item I owned was Candy Kisses in Watermelon!  I felt like hot stuff in middle school!

Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one 

that fits your specifications?
I want a formula that never clumps, never flakes, and applies easily to every lash!  I want additional volume, NOT length! I want a brush that holds the perfect amount of product, can handle my long lashes, and helps plump out their volume.  I'm getting there.  Since I started blogging, I've gotten really picky! LOL!

What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I need something that offers medium coverage, but feels light and looks super natural!  I have rosy cheeks from my mom, and I need something that helps to cover them without washing me out completely.

Favorite high end brand?
I really like BareMinerals.  I've been using their mineral veil, bronzer, and blushes for almost a year; I'm a total convert.  I keep adding to my collection!  I would love to add Dr. Jart+ BB Cream to my repertoire eventually!

What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t? 
Mally Beauty, Urban Decay, Too Faced


Favorite drugstore brand?
I'm a fan of Maybelline's new mascaras.  I just tried this amazing foundation from CoverGirl so I'll add that one!  


Do you wear fake eyelashes? 
Nope!  I would really only need them for volume, not length.

Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
I prefer a fully done face, but minimally, dark brown mascara and lip balm!


What is your most cherished beauty product?
Right now, its my new Shea Butter Cleansing Oil from L'Occitane.  Hubby splurged on me!  I've been testing so many different skin care products the last few months that I needed something to help restore my skin!  (Besides, I scored a free gift! LOL! Free gifts will eventually be my downfall!)

How often do you shop for makeup?

I'm always on the prowl.  Looking isn't so bad.  Its the buying too often that is!

Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
I need to budget myself.  Right now, its called the hubby-rule! Whatever hubby says "yes" or "no" to sets my budget!

What type of product do you buy the most of?
Anything to do with my eyes!  I'm a sucker for a good eye liner, eye shadow, mascara, anything!  I love playing with my eyes!


Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates? 
Eh, not really.  I realize that there are all kinds of perspectives on this, so I try to emphasize paraben and sulfate free for my readers.  But for me, sometimes sulfates in shampoo make all the difference for whether or not my hair actually gets clean.

Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
I'm a huge fan of Birchbox for some things since I can earn/ use points.  I also love Sephora, Ulta, Target, and boutiques like L'Oocitane and Bare Minerals.  I'll shop online if I can get free shipping; I hate paying for shipping!

Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I have a general routine: cleanser, toner (occasionally), 1-2 serums, moisturizer.  I'll switch out what I use based on what I'm reviewing, what my skin is doing, and how I'm feeling.

Favorite bath and body brand? 
I have an obsession with Burt's Bees, which is reasonable.  I recently starting flirting with L'Occitane, but since that could potentially turn into a bad habit, I'm practicing serious restraint!

Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?

No.  They scare me!  LOL!  I shy away from them because I just recently started needing cheek color (rosy cheeks and all), so I'm still learning.  Its like learning to wear makeup all over again!


Are you clumsy in putting makeup?
Yes, but it hits me like a "clumsy attack."  I don't know that its coming until that cat eye that I thought I had nailed goes all wonky without warning!

Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I've just recently starting researching makeup application techniques.  I feel so behind!! But really, videos are awesome, but I would totally love to take some classes!

What do you love about makeup?
I feel like it helps me express myself; it can help me accentuate my eyes to play up feelings of happiness, seductiveness, or mellowness.  Its one of the ways that I show myself love. After I spend time pampering every inch of my face, how could I hate it? :-)

Makeup is also fun!  Its an artistic outlet.  Its a medium I can use to connect with hundreds of other people through social media.  Its a way to explore colors, contours, and techniques.  



Do you feel the same way about makeup? What do you love the most about it?
Share your thoughts with me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment