Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Monthly Obsessions! (Hair Products)

So, I've fallen in love with some new hair products this month.  I've chosen my top five to review and share with you, my lovely readers!  Of course I don't use all of these everyday, but I have found that they each are helpful in keeping my locks healthy, frizz-free, and easily styled.  As a graduate student, I'm very budget conscious, so none of these should break the bank!




Burt's Bees Super Shiny Shampoo & Conditioner


I really enjoy many of Burt's Bees products.  I fell in love with their lip balm in college, and my love for this company has only grown.  This shampoo & conditioner is 99% natural, and free of parabens, sulfates and phthalates.  Their products use only natural fragrances.  I've been using this set for a while, and I just replaced both of them.  I love that this product is good for my hair, smells nice, and performs very well.  The shampoo and conditioner are very lightly scented with mango.  They make my hair hair feel smooth, clean, and fresh.  They are available at a reasonable price point of approximately $8 each.  You can find them at most natural grocery stores such as Whole Foods, Target, and online at burtsbees.com.

It's a 10 Miracle Dry Shampoo & Conditioner in One




This was my first investment in a dry shampoo.  I've been using this product since August, and I love it!  I've tried one other dry shampoo by Fekkai, but I found that it left my hair significantly stiffer and drier than It's a 10 Dry Shampoo & Conditioner in One.  I love that this product smells great, absorbs oils, and lightly conditions my hair, which leaves it feeling freshly washed even after 3 days without shampooing it.  I usually wash my hair every other day, but this product makes my blow-outs last for 3-4 without my scalp feeling gross.  This item cost me about $20, but it is a large canister.  I purchased this item at Supercuts, but its also available in many Ulta stores.

Davines Oi/ Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion




I received this particular item in my September Birchbox.  I love it!  It has a lovely fresh, clean, and light scent.  It definitely locks in moisture when I apply it to towel-dried hair.  It is light enough that I can reapply the next day to tame fly-aways and frizz.  I will say that I am careful about what other products I use in conjunction with this since it is a hair oil.  I will definitely be considering purchasing the full size version when this sample runs out.  Its available at birchbox.com for $40 and davines.com for $20-$40.  This seems expensive, but it lasts forever; I've been using this tiny bottle for almost two months, and its still half full!

Roux Anti-Aging Hair Serum Leave-In Treatment




I received this item in my single box from Beauty Box 5.  This item was very new for me.  I've used various anti-frizz creams and heat protecting sprays, but nothing designed to just make my hair more healthy.  I am highly impressed with this product.  It claims to make hair stronger, brighter and more voluminous.  It does precisely those things.  I've noticed my natural highlights re-emerging.  My hair has more volume near my scalp, which is helpful since my hair typically has lots of volume in the locks, but falls flat near my scalp.  My hair also just plain feels better when I use this product a few times a week.  Finally, it smells good!  Its usually about $12, and the Roux website will help you locate a retailer near you.

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Leave-in Treatment




I received this product in my October Birchbox.  Its a wonderful heat styling protector that also smooths, conditions, and protects your hair from UV waves.  And on top of all of that, it seriously smells like heaven in a bottle!  When I'm having a lazy day, I let my hair air dry and then apply a few spritzes of this product before doing a laid-back blowout.  This product makes my hair feel light, smell great, and leaves it feeling so smooth that its hard not to run my fingers through it.  I've been using this small sample bottle (1 oz.) for about a month, and I still have a ton left!  It runs about $22 on birchbox.com for an 8 oz. bottle.


Participate!

Have you tried any of these products?  What do you think about them?

Are there any new hair products you've fallen in love with over the last month?  How did you find out about them?  Where did you purchase them?  What kind of hair do you have, and what helps you tame your lovely locks? I'd love to hear all about your latest hair product obsessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment