Friday, November 14, 2014

My Foray into Fashion Part #2

Part #2: The Insane 10 Piece Wardrobe Challenge

The next step (more on part #1 here) began last night when I watched this video that my husband sent me (of course he didn't watch it, he doesn't have a problem with too many clothes!)





Accepting this challenge has become my first steps into fashion with my new body.  One of my dear friends continually affirms me by reminding me that I am too beautiful to wear clothes that don't fit right or that don't make me feel absolutely fabulous.   In a sudden whirlwind, I finally began purging all the clothes that no longer fit, are not age appropriate, do not make me feel fabulous, and are simply taking up space in my closet.

My husband came into our bedroom to find the majority of the contents of my side of the closet piled on top of our dresser.  He kept me company while I sorted through my drawers, and various containers of clothes that I had hidden away for those "just in case" moments.  He cheered me on through the process, and supported me in letting go and getting rid of these mounds of clothes that reminded me of a body I don't have or an age that I'll never be again.

I sorted my mounds of clothes into three piles:

TRASH:



GOODWILL:



ThredUP:


I've thrown out the trash.  I've dropped off that pile at Goodwill.  I've ordered my ThredUP bag and already mailed everything off!

This is what is left in my closet! 


Do you see all the crazy space between those hangers?  Its a happy day in the Laughing Scholar Apartment!

And so I begin a new journey into fashion.  I am hoping that what Jennifer shared about focusing on my core wardrobe will help me find my own style, and discover how I want to express myself at this point in my life.  I've also learned that I need more color in this wardrobe!

So begins my journey into fashion.  I hope you'll stay tuned for more episodic highlights of this journey!

How have you dealt with changes in your body throughout your life?  What has worked for you?  What didn't work?  What thoughts did this post spark for you?  Who has helped you on your journey toward self-acceptance?  I would love to hear your thoughts!  Please comment below.  This is a safe space.

No comments:

Post a Comment