Friday, November 14, 2014

Monthly Obsessions (Skincare)

I have combination skin.  My skin has shifted from extremely dry toward a bit more greasy in the T zone depending on the time of year.  I'm constantly looking for products for exfoliating and cleansing as well as moisturizing.  I love playing with eye makeup so my makeup remover needs to be amazing to make me happy.  Here are five of the skincare products I'm obsessed with this month:




Ecotools Pure Complexion Facial Sponge - Sensitive Skin




         
         

I decided to finally try out this new craze - the konjac facial sponge.  I love this thing!  It has a soft, yet oddly squishy, texture when wet.  I love using it with various facial cleansers.  Not only does the konjac help create a nice lather with most cleansers, it also gently exfoliates.  I love being assured that all of my makeup is removed each night by using this lovely little product.  I found it at my local Target for about $5 on sale and I had a $1 off coupon.  You can find all types of konjac sponges out there, so I recommend finding the one that fits your needs and budget.


Burt's Bees Natural Face Essentials - Peach & Willow Bark Deep Pore Scrub




I've been in love with this scrub for years.  It has bits of willow bark to exfoliate and finely ground peach stone to gently polish your skin.  I must warn you that this exfoliator is not for the faint of heart; its quite heavy duty.  I usually use this a few times a week.  What I love most is that it is also extremely moisturizing.  This product leaves my skin feeling smooth, moisturized, and very clean!  This product is usually easily found at Target, Whole Foods or other natural grocery stores as well as Burt's Bees website for about $7.

Maybelline New York The Flash Clean




Oh my goodness!  This is seriously the most amazing makeup remover I have ever used.  I bought this little gem on clearance at Target, and it does not disappoint!  It claims that it is a 3 in 1 makeup removing lotion that removes, cleanses, and moisturizes.  The Flash Clean definitely delivers on its claims.  It bulldozes through my heavy eye makeup quickly and without lots of rubbing.  No red eyes for me!  It also works very well to remove the rest of my makeup as well.  I'm very aware of making sure that my skin is totally clean before I go to sleep so this little item helps achieve that goal.  I'm going to have to find a new supplier since I haven't seen it on the shelf at my local Target.  It usually costs about $5.

Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer




I got this sample size with a box of q-tips a few months ago.  Like I've said before, I'm a sucker for small bottles!  Anywho, while this product packaging is beyond busy, once I got past all of the green ink covering the bottle, the actual lotion is very lovely!  It is smooth, light, with a pleasantly faint scent.  My skin loves this stuff, especially during the day.  I don't feel like I'm going to sweat this off during the day, but I also don't feel like my skin will start flaking in its usual dry spots either.  Its seriously, perfect for day time use.  Finally, I love how far this product stretches; I only have to use an amount equivalent to about one coffee bean.  This brand is pretty widely available.  I usually score this one at my local Target for about $10 for 4.2 oz. Simple also publishes coupons in Sunday newspapers pretty regularly, so definitely keep your eyes open for those if you're wanting to make this purchase even more budget friendly!

Burt's Bees Natural Face Essentials Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream



I love the hint of Menthol in this cleanser.  My face often feels very greasy when I wake up in the morning, and this cleanser powers through that icky feeling without drying my skin.  Its gentle enough to use daily, but I usually use it in the morning.  The menthol can be pretty strong if you use this product near your eyes, so its not the best cleanser for taking off the last bits of your eye makeup at night. Overall this cleanser has a lovely thick and creamy texture that leaves my skin feeling very clean but without a dry/ tight sensation.  I found this at my local Whole Foods for about $7, and I used a $1.50 rebate on ibotta to reduce the overall cost.

Have you used any of my latests skincare obsessions?  What are your thoughts on these products?

What are some of your latest skincare loves?  Where did you purchase them?  What kind of skin do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment