Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Nighttime Skincare AKA My Fabulous Fruitbasket!



Apparently, a recent beauty trend is incorporating fruit extracts.  I love fruit and I love moisturizers!  And so, I'm sharing my fruity lotions favs with you today!
  I recently starting using Yes to Blueberries Eye Firming Treatment and Deep Wrinkle Cream.  You can find both, and the rest of the Yes to Blueberries line here

The Deep Wrinkle Night Cream is a rich and luxurious cream.  I use only a little bit each night since it is so thick.  The lemon peel extract in the night cream makes it smell lighter and more fruity than the eye cream.  I don't know that I'll buy this again, but I'm enjoying using it for now.
 The eye cream smells a little odd, but I can tell there are blueberries in there! However, it feels really good.  It performs okay, but its not nearly as good as the Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream I got in my October Birchbox.

What I like most about this little dynamic duo is the fact that my face never feels dry and flaky anymore.  Throughout the day my skin feels great!

I also recently received a bottle of GÜD's Ruby Red Groovy Natural Body Lotion in my Burt's Bees Summer Grab Bag.  


With my aloe vera sensitivity, I try to stay away from body lotion that contains it; when my legs are freshly shaved, they really don't like aloe vera.  Much to my happy surprise, this lotion is aloe free!  Yay!  


This thick, creamy lotion has smells like ruby red grapefruit.  Its an excellent body lotion.  My skin dries out really fast here in the East Bay, so I usually slather this on my legs, hands, and feet every night.

So, between the blueberries, lemon, and grapefruit, I crawl into my bed smelling like a sweet basket of summer fruit.  A great way to wind down another grey day in the Bay!


No comments:

Post a Comment