Sunday, November 16, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Frugal Things! Part #3

My Favorite Apps for Saving Money

I shared my favorite websites in part #1 and #2 of this series, and now its time to talk about phone apps!  I love using apps on my phone to save money.  I regularly forget my coupons, but I always have my phone!  So, here are a few of my favorite phone apps.

Veo


Veo provides monthly opportunities to request free products, to claim great online deals, and receive messages from brands you love.  The parent company of Veo is Latinum Network.  This little application just hangs out on your phone to offer you fun products.  Above are the free samples I've received over the past 2 months.

Cartwheel

This is Target's discount application.  You can load discount offers into your cartwheel and then scan it at checkout.  So, at Target you can really load up on the discounts.  Target permits one manufacturer's coupon, one Target coupon, Cartwheel discount, RedCard Debit/Credit 5% discount, and $.05 off per bag.  


This is my local grocery store.  You might have a different store.  I love this app, because I get special discount sales on items, as well as easy access to all the coupons in the Sunday paper without any need to cut anything!

ibotta

This delightful little application provides discounts for various items at specific stores as well as online sites.  I like using these discounts in addition to items on sale + coupons or to try out new products.  For those of you who love Sephora, they're running a $5 rebate for any $50 purchase!  Each month they run special bonuses so the more rebates you and members of "your team" redeem, the more cash you get!  You can cash out your ibotta rebate earnings through paypal, and a few different giftcards.  I've been using this app for about 2.5 months and have already cashed out over $100 in rebates!  If you're interested, then I invite you to use my referral link above!

Checkout 51

This site is similar to ibotta; however, this site is not store-specific.  Additionally, you can only cash out once your balance reaches $20.  This app offers fewer rebates than ibotta, so reaching that $20 takes longer, but that's not so bad if you use this app to purchase items you'd want anyway.  Sometimes rebates for items overlap between ibotta and Checkout 51, which is a nice little double bonus on savings!

I hope you've enjoyed this post, and have found a new app that will serve you well!  What are your favorite phone apps or websites for saving money or scoring freebies?  

No comments:

Post a Comment