Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My Foray into Fashion Part #3: A Little Striped Dress & Makeup Of The Day!


I love this dress!  I scored it from the GAP on clearance, and with my $10 off from Birchbox's December Box, it was only $8.00!!  Its a fantastic stretchy dress with pockets and 3/4 sleeves! I feel really cute in this dress.  It stops just above my knees, is totally comfortable, and quite versatile!  And for once, I'm happy to be in clothing that hugs my curves a little bit! I'm totally in love!


I paired this dress with a stunning statement necklace I got in my Rocksbox for January.


I had the best time doing my makeup for this outfit!  

I tried out extremely subtle contouring with the larger brushes from the Bellange Brush Set I've been using in preparation for an upcoming review!  I used Bareminerals Bronzer, Blush and Finishing Powder. (My new homework assignment is to get serious with the contouring practice!)



I decided to draw on the bright red in my dress so I played up my lips with L'Oreal Colour Riche Lippy in #304 Ruby Opera.

I complimented my bright lip with a nude shadow on my eyelid and a very black cat eye.  I used Benefit's They're Real Liner and Mascara to achieve the effect.


Thanks for accompanying me on this journey of self-acceptance, fashion and beauty!  I hope that something I shared here has inspired you to try something new, too!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment