Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Today's Reason to Smile ~ Beautiful Berkeley!



On the way home yesterday, I was struck by the sun sparkling in this creek.  I've walked across the bridge that spans this little trickle of water on the UCB campus hundreds of times.  I love walking through this part of the campus where some of the oldest redwoods in CA call home.

    

I realize that I complain about being in CA a lot.  Maybe not here on the blog, but in real life, I do.  Its hard to be thousands of miles from family, from some of my dearest friends, and right now, my best friend since childhood & her adorable new baby!


But I have to remember that I'm here for a reason and for a season.  Its hard feeling exiled to this far away land sometimes, but I know that I'm doing what I need to do out here.


And sometimes, like last Friday night, I have an opportunity to do something that helps fall in love with being out here and doing this doctoral program all over again.  Such as helping out for a fundraising event for a wonderful organization (CARE) at a beautiful home with a magnificent view.  PLUS, get compensated for taking stunning photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment