Friday, February 6, 2015

DIY Friday: Relax & Recharge!

So, at the end of a long week, how do you recharge, relax, and unwind?

Its so easy to forget to take care of ourselves.  Our lives are incredibly busy, and filled with stresses.  We have to learn to take time to stop and rest.  And, no, I don't mean sleep.

I mean rest.


I took this off the coast of Kawaii in 2010; its the point that is farthest away from any mainland in the entire world.  So, it felt very much like escaping the entire world!

We need time to tune out the rest of the world, and retreat into a time and space that belongs only to us . . . even if its only for a little while.  Its in those moments when we can rest, recharge, and take the opportunity to just breathe.

In appreciation of the calming effects of the ocean, and the health benefits of sea salt, I will share my tips for relaxation that are filled with connections to the Dead Sea!

My DIY Relax & Recharge Friday Night Recipe:

1. Favorite AudioBook: I'm currently listening to Bossy Pants by Tina Fey.  (Audio, because Paper + Me + Water = Trouble). Nothing better for the tired woman than listening to Tina Fey!

2. Bath Salts: You can use plain Epsom Salts.  I used 100% Dead Sea Bath Salts from Adovia (I felt so fancy!).  Salts help soften skin, exfoliate, and relax tired muscles!

3. Essential Oils: I used several drops of Peppermint and Sweet Orange Essential Oils.  Peppermint Oil is supposed to help relax tight muscles, boost energy, and improve mental focus.  Sweet Orange Oil is supposed to alleviate depression & anxiety, relieve inflammation and muscle spasms.  I just wanted to try something new and thought they smelled good!

4. Pampering Moment: Apply a facial mask, shave your legs, play in the bubbles, anything!  I decided to apply a Dead Sea Mud Mask from InstaNaturals.

5. Set the Mood: Before drawing my nice hot bath, I made sure that my bedroom was tidied up, my new robe was laid out for when I was finished, and I lit a candle.  Its the little things that help you feel like its your moment to escape!



What is your favorite way to relax and recharge at the end of a long week?  What other DIY tips would you like to read?



No comments:

Post a Comment